How to Enable Solo Mining
Note: You MUST have a NXS wallet installed in order to solo mine. For instructions on how to install the wallet, please see the appropriate tutorial on this forum.
TO ENABLE SOLO MINING:
- Ensure wallet application is fully synced to the current block. This will be visible by a green check mark in the bottom right corner of the wallet, instead of spinning arrows.
- Close the wallet application.
- Open a new window and type %APPDATA%\Nexus in the top bar.
- Right click in the folder and select New> Text Document. This MUST be named nexus.conf EXACTLY (no .txt at the end).
- Right click your newly created file and open with notepad. Add the following lines:
- Save the file, close notepad, and start the wallet application.
- When it finally loads, use your cpu/gpu miner software and make sure it is pointed at 127.0.0.1 as the host and 9325 as the port.
- Open a terminal windows and type cd ~/.Nexus and press enter.
- Type the following commands, pressing enter at the end of each line:
echo "llpallowip=127.0.0.1:9325" >> nexus.conf
echo "mining=1" >> nexus.conf
echo "unified=1" >> nexus.conf
- Start wallet application and when it finally loads, use your cpu/gpu miner software and make sure it is pointed at 127.0.0.1 as the host and 9325 as the port.